If finding an overseas supplier sounds intimidating, it should. But don’t worry!
Follow these guidelines to make sure you don’t get screwed.
· Try to find a “Verified” supplier on GlobalSources.com.
· If you go with one of the other sites, look for a supplier that is a Gold Supplier (Alibaba), Royal Supplier (TTNET) or Gold Member (Made-In-China).
· Look for a supplier who has been in good standing for at least 3 years.
· Look at the reviews or complaints.
· Google the name of the company and look for a Ripoff Report or other scam related reports.
· Find out if they attend trade shows. This is a good sign that they’re legitimate suppliers.
· Look at the company’s website for photos of their facility, and address and phone number.
· Google the names of the supplier’s representatives to find social media profiles.
Basically, play detective and find out as much as you can about the company. You’ll know if something isn’t on the up and up.
Don’t ignore red flags, even if it’s a gut feeling you can’t explain!